[Rhodes22-list] Securing Outboard Motor to Boat

Wally Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 24 10:11:09 EDT 2003

Rummy,

My slip is a pain to get in and out of and there are much easier pickings at
the end of the rows. Two live aboards slip at the end of my row. My slip is
also in plain view of the owners house, and the marina office/restaurant. It
is one slip off the main walkway. In the winter I back in due to the marina
being less active. One of the reasons I selected my marina was it's great
rep for security. There has not been an outboard stolen in over 7 years and
crime in general is very rare. That being said I realize I could be a victim
of crime tonight.

I have looked into the outboard locks but have been too cheap/lazy to order.
As one who has had a car stolen and several broken into I guess I should be
more concerned.

Wally