[Rhodes22-list] Pendant Tube leak revisited

Wally Buck tnrhodey@hotmail.com
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 11:02:31 -0500

Rummy,

My companionway door seems to let in a little water. The boom tent may help.
I think the only reason I never noticed before is that the dark cabin
cushions hid the moisture. During the summer any small amount of water dried
up. I took out all of my cabin cushions for the winter so I could clean
them. After 5 inches of rain in 24 hours I noticed water on the step. When I
hose lightly around the companionway door water does show up on the inside
of the door and on the step.

My boat seems to float about right and the drains seem to work ok. There is
a very small amount of standing water on the front corners of the cockpit
bench after a rain. If I rock the boat back and forth the water will drain
down the CB Pendant Tube. I will have to take a closer look to see if my
problem is similar to yours.

Thanks for the advice. I am glad I don't have to get to that tube!

Wally