[Rhodes22-list] Rowdy Rhodies In The Canton, GA Area

Julie Thorndycraft julie at circle7.net
Tue May 6 22:29:51 EDT 2003

Roger,
Jim and Michael are right about preparing for the interview. I used a book
called 'Knock 'em Dead' by Martin Yates as a source for all types of
possible interview questions - even the nasty, negative questions that you
have to try and put a positive spin. Has lots of examples to give you ideas
on how to respond.

Like Jim, I just started a new job on Monday and had to go through 3
different interviews with one to five people at a time that included
potential peers, directors, and a vice-president. The advance preparation
paid off and allowed me to relax during the process. Having a list of
questions regarding the position, company, etc shows that you're interested
and gives you better information about the company. Stay away from any
benefit discussions - save those for the time of the offer.

One other item that I have done after the interview is over is to
immediately make notes specific to the conversations that you had with each
person and the questions they asked you. Then you can customize your
thank-you notes to each person with details that are relevant to them.

If the position sounds like a good fit for you, then I hope you get it. Good
luck!

Julie Thorndycraft
S/V Blue Loon