[Rhodes22-list] To Stan @ GBI

General Boats wwrhodes at rhodes22.com
Mon May 12 12:46:18 EDT 2003

Roger,

Thanks for the note.

I hope you get this job (if you want it) for selfish reasons.  I had visited Futura in St. Louis twice looking into their idea to make products with structural resins with no glass needed.  Never did pin them down whether they thought it would work with a 22 foot size boat.  What they did show me was interesting and allowed items to be popped out of a mold many times a day.  They put in a urethane gel coat - then their structural resin - then a foam they made up and then a final structural resin end coat. It took only one skilled gun man and a second man to hold the hoses.  Fast and nice stuff.

We did buy some of their Ultra Chrome urethane gel coat and that looked good but was expensive.  If "your" company is into this kind of chemistry and we could end up buying it direct, that would be interesting - so get the job.

As one of the lefties on the list, I still maintain that if you and Meltzer have trouble getting good jobs and the only people I can find to hire, do not know how many eighths of an inch are in an inch, the administration is on the wrong track.

I will keep posted on your adventures via the list.  Good luck.

stan/gbi