[Rhodes22-list] Fandango's Wet

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Fri Apr 23 02:59:48 EDT 2004

With Dan's help, we splashed Fandango yesterday and dealt with all the
docking issues and got it all safe and snug at our dock on Lake Minnetonka.
Today I went back out to raise the mast and get it all rigged and ready.
And no, I didn't use a checklist.  8-)  I raised the mast single-handed and
everything went smoothly.  I've done this quite a few times now and I just
take my time--about an hour and she's ready to go.  Damn the luck though,
there was no wind on this beautiful, sunny and warm day so I couldn't sail.
But it didn't stop me from sitting in the cockpit at the dock and enjoying a
cocktail.  Man, it's good to get back on the boat!

Slim
S/V Fandango