[Rhodes22-list] Re: Lou's boat trailering Horror story

Robert Dilk Robert.Dilk at TRW.COM
Tue Aug 10 18:27:28 EDT 2004

Some states have gotten wind that some people  under list their actual gross weights to save money on the tags. Cars and trailers.
We had MV stops with a portable scale. One plumber guy had his van listed for 5800 lbs, actual was close to 8000 lbs, he could not believe the fine.

It does not happen all the time.......

Just trying to help

Bob Dilk

>>> sanderico at earthlink.net 08/10/04 04:56PM >>>
Lou,

Nobody else seems to be saying it, so I will. Your 2550 registration weight
sounds like somebody "guessed". Your R 22 and trailer will weigh more
like3800/4,000 lbs. Add motor and some gear and it will be closer to
4200/4500, provided your trailer is a single axle.

BUT, that registration weight will probably keep a cop off your back if the
issue would happen to come up.

Rik