[Rhodes22-list] Transducer installation

Jonathan M. Parker j.parker at yourjet.com
Tue Aug 10 18:28:46 EDT 2004

Based on some replies and some archive research I took the easy approach
to my sounder mounting.

I epoxied the transducer inside a piece of 4 inch round by 4 inch high
PVC. The base (biz end) of the transducer was about an 1/8 inch off the
bottom of the PVC. I siliconed the PVC/transducer set up to a relatively
"flat" spot in the Laz locker.

Once the silicone set I pored in enough mineral oil to cover the area
between the hull and transducer + about a 1/4 inch. I notched the PVC so
the wire could hang out the top and slid a PVC cap over the top.

So far so good...

Thanks for the input!

JMP

Barnegat Bay NJ