[Rhodes22-list] Eagle Training Its Young?

Wally Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 17 08:43:35 EST 2004

Roger,

The baldies sure are making a strong comeback. I am seeing them all over the
East now in places we never used to see Eagles. I was jogging in a small
park just outside the DC beltway on the Maryland side. I spotted two Bald
Eagles. This park is only (I can't remember the name) about an hour or less
from DC.

This year while leaving the Outer Banks of NC I spotted a Baldie perched on
a tree over looking the Alligator River. I also saw a Bald Eagle just
outside Kansas City last year.

Watching them hunt and eat is kind of cool. I have a friend who lives on the
river. Fromhis porch we watched a Bald Eagle eat a Coot. This was before I
had my digital camera.

Wally