[Rhodes22-list] Sailing.

Bob Weber ruba1811 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 21 10:38:45 EST 2004

Rummy, My last sail of the the year was a balmy 35 degrees with perfect 8-10
knot winds going across the lake (instead of up and down).  Me and my first
mate, ben dog, sailed one tack for 2 1/2 hours.  The Starboard Side of the
deck remained frosted over the whole time.  The dog is not allowed on deck
and I am smart enough to remember to take the low road up front just this
one day, right?  A couple hours/beers later I forgot and headed up front via
the windward side and just about had all my winter sailing fears realized.
To anyone who thinks lifelines are ugly, they were looking pretty good that
day.  After I slipped, I tacked and put the deck in the sun for about 15
minutes and that did the trick.  I don't know what I was thinking, relyiing
on myself to remember such an important little thing.  I am just smart
enough to realize that I am not too smart and should take appropiate
precautions (usually).  Bob