[Rhodes22-list] Ventilation Hatch

Steve rhodes2282 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 11 13:15:02 EST 2004

Does anyone know if this type hatch would be a good
replacement for the Opening Portlight on the front of
the R22?  See link & description below.  I'm just
wondering if this would work.  Seem like something
like this would be better than our current ports that
always hold water.  I ran acrost this today surfing on
the web & it got me thinking.
Thanks
Steve

http://www.beckson.com/hatches.html

Ventilation Hatch

IDEAL FOR INSTALLATION IN HEAD, GALLEY, MAIN OR AFT
CABIN

Small Ventilation Hatch provides ventilation where
installation ohatch is not permitted. Ideal for
installation in head, galley, main cabin or aft cabin.

Constructed of high impact materials, U.V. and ozone
inhibited. Of special note is the polycarbonate cover.

This hatch should only be installed on a flat surface
using a silicone caulk. Maintain a level profile while
installing to ensure proper gasket alignment. If
fastening on deck crown, construct level frame base or
allow caulking to fill in void area. Fasten into place
using #10 round head or pan head fasteners.

Hatch is provided with a 2" spigot and trim frame.

 Hole Cut: 7 3/8 x 14 3/8" (18.7 x 36.5 cm)
Overall Dimensions: 9 3/4 x 16 3/4" (24.8 x 42.5 cm)
Model No.  Description
VHBS-3  Black body, Smoke-gray cover