[Rhodes22-list] Politics

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 15 21:12:23 EST 2004

On Thursday, January 15, 2004, at 06:47 PM, Michael Meltzer wrote:

> Hate you tell you, not me.
>
> Right now would you have like to have the Gore, not me, And dean is
> rubbing me the wrong way,
>
> I would be the First to admit that Bush is on the brightest plant in
> the green house, luckily he does know it and does have smart
> people about him and does listen,

I agree that Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, and Paul D. Wolfowitz are
smart.  But I know very well that very smart people can
make very bad judgments, especially if those judgments are based on the
skewed point of view of doctrinaire conservative (or
liberal) views. I guess you did not hear Paul O'Neill's statements this
week saying that Bush and the top decision makers
in the administration repeatedly ignored advice from experts on the
problems with the occupation of Iraq and the weakness
of the intelligence. He described Bush as so disengaged during cabinet
meetings that he was like "a blind man in a room full
of deaf people". This does not describe a man I want leading my country.

- This is why I don't like politics on the list.  I get too worked up
and really want to forget these things when I am
reading about sailing.  However I don't feel that is right no to
express my opinion, especially these days.

Ron