[Rhodes22-list] I need a favor, I got a buy who never seen the boat

Steve rhodes2282 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 07:02:07 EST 2004

Excellent, Rummy.  Wish I could have been there.
Steve

PS- Reminds me of one day that I was out sailing:

Heavy wind around the same as your.  Had a reef in the
main and the Genny all the way out.  So I decided to
furl the genny up to around 125% (this was before I
put the Schaffer Furler system on).  Still had the GB
system where the furler line runs up on the cabin top
to a little cam cleat.  I lock the genny in at around
125% into that cleat.  Turn around to get back to the
tiller when I heard a pop.  The cleat broke and the
genney came unfurling all the way out.  I jerk my head
around to see and all I had time to do was grab the
stern rail on the windard side.  When the genny filled
(sheet was still cleated on the whinch)the boat dump
over so far that the ports when under water.  There
for a few seconds, I was just hanging from the stern
rail.  Boat rounded up & I then when for the furling
line & pulled the genny all the way back in.

Talk about getting a guy blood to pumping!!!  I clean
my artieries out that day:-)