[Rhodes22-list] Generator and Camping question... (a follow-up)

Rik Sandberg sanderico at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 22 23:58:42 EDT 2004

Doug,

I've got the 1000 watt version. It works very well, starts easy and is
unbelieveably quiet. BUT....a 10 amp battery charger on a dead battery will
kick out the breaker. Same for a skilsaw. I have used the same charger on a
battery that wasn't dead, no problem. It seems to be fine also with a 6 amp
charger. You might be happier with the 2000 watt version. I know I would be.
The decibel rating on the 2000 is only a couple decibels more....58 instead
of 56, I think.

Have fun on your trip. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about northern
Michigan except it's just south of one of those big lakes. :-) :-)

Are you setting some time aside in September for KY Lake???

Rik