[Rhodes22-list] Generator and Camping question... (a follow-u p)

Gardner, Douglas (LNG-DAY) douglas.gardner at lexisnexis.com
Tue Jul 27 11:41:40 EDT 2004

Thanks Rik!   Apparently Honda has decided to protect their brick and mortar
stores by restricting internet marketing.  Maybe that is why the prices have
gone up.  I found a couple of places around here selling the 1000 for $689
and the 2000 for about $969.  The one place I stopped by near Brookville was
selling the 2000 for $1020.  I guess there is a lot of competition on the
web.

Looks like Yamaha has a 1000 watt generator designed to beat the Honda.
Meats or beats it on almost every dimension, including cost (found it for
$629).  Unfortunately, I just checked on the charger in my Airstream and it
draws 975 watts (max).  That just seems a little too close for comfort.  Now
I'm sure I probably won't hit it unless the batteries are dead, but it also
wouldn't leave anything left over for lights!  So, I'm leaning toward the
2000i.  I don't know, maybe a 1000 watt generator would be fine.  I'm just a
little leary of it given yours kicking out.