[Rhodes22-list] Opening Forward Port Gaskets

ed kroposki ekroposki at Charter.Net
Fri Jun 4 17:06:12 EDT 2004

Art:

I know that you did not get on this list today.  Did you check the FAQ at:

http://www.geocities.com/blew_skies/topics.html#P

And Roger has answered this question many times.  You will have to ask him
to send you a copy of his detailed instructions, but if you are in a hurry,
it is in the archives, somewhere.

Ed K

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of Art Shriver
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 3:36 PM
To: Rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Opening Forwad Port Gsskets

I am in the process of rebedding my forward opening ports in my 1976
Rhodes Continental (22).   I was amazed to find that there is no
supporting material between the inner liner and the outer deck/cabintop
... just a 1 inch empty space.  Thus the ports are held in place by 3/4
inch stainless pan heads screwed into a very thin inner liner!!  I've
made wooden frames for the area.

I would like to replace the gaskets.  Neither Beckson or Gray Pompanette
(Bomar) seem to have the proper material.  I can't make out the port
manufacturer but they were located in Wilmington Ca.  Beckson says they
are long out of business.

I've a call into to GB.   Can't find anything  in the archives.
 Replacement ports list for about $122. each plus shipping (perhaps a
bet less at WM, etc.)  I'd rather replace the gaskets.

Can anyone help with a source.  WEFCO suggested that I FAX a cross
section of the gasket to them and they might be able to come up with
something ... but that may get expensive if setup, etc. is involved.

Does anyone else want to replace their gaskets if I'm able to find a source?

Art Shriver,  Teetotum, a '76