[Rhodes22-list] Jesusland.

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 22 08:16:40 EST 2004

Stan,

Congratulations.  That is rare these days.  My parents
have been married 59 years and if they were ever
unhappy with each other they didn’t let me know about
it.  One of the kindest things my father ever said to
me was after I had suffered a major financial setback
and downgraded substantialy in housing, “Son, when
your Mother and I married we didn’t have a pot to phis
in or a window to throw it out of, you’ll survive
this”.

Both parties face the dilemma of being taken as a
whole by the identity of their fractions.  Bible
belters are but a part of the Republicans as “bleeding
heart liberals” are but a part of the Democrats.  If
either party lets one group get too tight a grip on
the “big picture” they will suffer for it.

Right now we have a one party government.  I think
that offers some unique opportunities in the short run
but is not healthy for the Republic in the long run.
The Dems just suffered from “the wrong candidate, at
the wrong place, at the wrong time”.  Think Evan Byah.

BTW, I've done my part to run up the marraige numbers
on the conservative side of the isle, do I get a free
Rhodes?

Brad

http://realclearpolitics.com/Presidential_04/2004_County_Results_Final.html