[Rhodes22-list] gel coat treatment

Robert Dobson robertdobson777 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 25 07:37:43 EST 2004

Happy Thanksgiving to all. What a great country that
we can have a list with wide open discussion like this
one. Thanks for everyones contribution. I do not think
there are many countries in the world that this can go
on with out repercussions. God Bless.
 I have a question on my hull above the water line.
Below I will do a lite coat with Interlux bottom kote.
That is fine. The area above on the forest green gel
coat at the bow ,maybe a foot up and decreasing to
zero a little passed mid hull, has a dull finish that
the normal cleaners do not bring back to the high
luster of the rest of the hull. I have used the
Collinite no.920 fiberglass boat cleaners and it did
not have any effect on restoring the gel coat to it
shine on the rest of the hull. Any suggestion would be
much appreciated.

Bob Dobson
s/v Kel Lee