[Rhodes22-list] Politics - chiaroscuro

Grayson/Ena Lynn agl2001 at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 3 11:28:47 EDT 2004

Phyllis wrote:

> I respect a person who can think through, analyze a situation, and when
> presented with corrective information, i.e. the intelligence was wrong...
then
> formulates a new position and advocate it.

> That is leadership to me, not someone who is so dogmatic, one-sighted and
> unwilling to do anything differently than follow the misguided pals around
> him...

Spot on!

Add to that Fouad Ajami's observation that Bush cannot win the war, Kerry
cannot win the war, UBL cannot win the war, America cannot win the war.
Only Iraqis can win the war.

Case closed.

The true flip-flop, or bi-stable latch circuit, was invented by Eccles and
Jordan in 1919 and became the fundamental building block of the computer
world.  Without the flip-flop and it's cousins AND, OR and NOT, "digital"
would not exist, cell phones would not work, and rock music synthesizers
would be silent (a silver lining to every cloud).

http://pt.withy.org/ptalk/archives/thought_for_the_day/

Like the bumper sticker said, we're all wearing the blue dress now.

<G>