[Rhodes22-list] Outboards

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 11 18:58:06 EDT 2004

My Merc. 9.9 outboard is dead at my mooring in Monroe Harbor.  I am
thinking
of replacing it with a new Nissan 4 stroke 6 hp.  It is especially
appealing because
it weighs only 55 lbs and I am going to have to swap motors on the
water.
(I still have to get the old behemoth out.)
Does anyone have experience with these engines?  I know that 6 is a bit
on
the low side for the Rhodes but I tend to use the engine only close to
and inside
the harbor.  I also have heard that the four strokes tend to have a bit
more
thrust per rated hp. Clean and quiet is nice too. Any comments?

Ron