[Rhodes22-list] Fred's Sails

Steve rhodes2282 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 24 15:31:07 EDT 2004

Slim
With you sail reef to 110%.  There different name but
lets just keep it easy.  Take a dock line loop it at
the clew and then pull your sail inside the shroud
while someone release the Genona sheet(keeping presure
and not letting the jib get out of control).  This
will get your sail inside while on the fly. Anyway, at
110%; this is what I would do it.

What I was talking about is at say 155%.  Your lead is
to far back and with the wind picking up; to much
presure on the sail to adjust the lead forward.  Put a
secondary on the sail, loop it through a block with a
snap schakle on say the lifeline post at the based.
Things like this will allow you to adjust you lead and
flaten your sail without have to tack.
Steve

PS - Quitting time here, I'm heading home.