[Rhodes22-list]Politics: Another Fearless Prediction

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sun Sep 26 22:49:53 EDT 2004

Brad,

That's the 1991 analysis of chemical agents.  CIA was wrong about their ability to create and store chemical agents after 1991.  They couldn't and didn't.  We know that now.

We provided Iraq with the biological weapons.  They didn't have the ability to develop them by themselves.  Iraq never developed the ability to make them.  They never had nukes, and never came close.  We provided the precursor chemicals required for Iraq's manufacture of chemical weapons, and we authorized their use, but when we pulled the plug they were never able to produce the stable chemicals required in sufficient quantity for a weapons program.  We have stockpiles of many of the same chemical WMD, and like the Iraqis, we destroyed several different types because they were unstable.

We didn't find WMD because Iraq didn't have WMD.  Our government spent over a billion dollars looking for something every knowledgeable person knew wasn't there and hadn't been there.  There are real issues to address.  Let's not spend a lot of time concocting WMD conspiracy theories.

Bill