[Rhodes22-list] MacGregor review - Caveat Emptor

Chris Geankoplis napoli68 at charter.net
Fri Apr 1 20:50:54 EST 2005

3 years ago I was sailing on my son's 22' boat in Turkey.  We were in a
small harbor called Knidos which was mostly only ancient ruins.  In sailed
(actually motored)  a McGreggor 26.  It was brought over from the states by
a Turkish American who wanted to return to Turkey.  However he was afraid to
sail the boat and asked If I could show him.  In 20 kn winds but protected
water the boat was almost uncontrolable I was sure we were going to die.
The only good thing was there aren't many boats that have a whole country
named after them!
Chris G
Medford, OR