[Rhodes22-list] CDI furler

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Mon Aug 22 12:49:29 EDT 2005

Dave,

I had a similar experience changing headsails with the CDI in a hurricane
remnant blowing over 20 at the dock.  Too much friction!  When the mast and
furler were next down, I soaked the CDI flexible plastic luff, the halyard
and especially the head turning fitting in Sailkote lubricant.  That helped
immensely (and I wouldn't be surprised if the CDI directions called for it).
I would imagine there are also better line choices than the cored cover that
comes with the CDI, but haven't investigated this yet.

PT