[Rhodes22-list] Sleeping in Cockpit

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Fri Aug 26 10:51:53 EDT 2005

Wally,

The only reason I want a Boom Room has to do with dew point issues.
Some nights the cockpit can get a quarter inch of dew, so I don't dare
sleep out all night.

It seems to me, in your case, you could buy an Aerobed--full size--and
deploy it in the cockpit without the fill in cushions.  If you had bean
bag chairs, like the ones mentioned in the previous post, you could put
them on the cabin floor under the Aerobed, to help support the center.

I will try this out the next time I go to my boat, and report back.  The
Aerobed costs around $60.  If the idea works, you could support the
center with anything that wouldn't pop the air bag.

The Aerobed will change the life of anyone who enjoys sleeping on the
boat.  It is huge by boating standards.  It is as comfortable as your
bed at home.  It is possible to deploy 2 of them.

Bill Effros