[Rhodes22-list] Boat Show Questions & replies

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Fri Jan 7 08:42:25 EST 2005

Has any one any experience with Boat Shows in Boston or Maine???

Mary Lou,
	I noticed that you used 'Google' for a WEB search.  Are you familiar
with:  http://www.searchenginecolossus.com/USA.html

Roger,
	Thanks for the more detailed reply.  I had read the Physics Today
article.  When the Popular Science article was originally discussed, the
citation was blended in the article.
	I just thought that you were using other professional sources for
your discussion.

Rummy,
	Television is always a good starting point for discussion, but media
hype does not always translate in accurate analysis.  The media is always
looking for flashy examples that do not require serious research on the
topic.  National Geographic is noted for their photography, not truth and
accuracy.

Ed Kroposki
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum: "Market research can establish beyond the shadow of a doubt that
the egg is a sad and sorry product and that it obviously will not continue
to sell. Because after all, eggs won't stand up by themselves, they roll too
easily, are too easily broken, require special packaging, look alike, are
difficult to open, won't stack on the shelf." - Robert Pliskin (1963),
quoted in Stephen Donadio, The New York Public Library: Book of
Twentieth-Century American Quotations, 1992, New York: Stonesong Press, p.
70-71.