[Rhodes22-list] Navigation

Richard Smith sailnut at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jan 19 09:48:01 EST 2005

<Most sailors get in trouble because of vacation time constaraints and end up in horrific weather situations.. Also hugging coast line with steep bluffs may sound safe but you are in for a confused Sea... >

You could hardly find better advice then this.  If there are any questions regarding the weather (becoming adverse) DO NOT ATTEMPT THE PASSAGE!

When we started cruising we did NOT have a weather radio.  Sure enough we got caught in a horrible situation which would have been TOTALLY AVOIDABLE if we had a radio!!

Richard Smith