[Rhodes22-list] Delaware River

Will Gower Jr. gowernj at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 17 13:08:38 EDT 2005

   I spotted another Rhodes22 at Hancock's Harbor marina (New Jersey).  I
   sail mostly north of the Delaware Bay near the C & D canal and Fort
   Delaware.

   I have been sailing four years now and the Rhodes22 has been the
   perfect sailboat for our area.  My main reason for buying a
   Rhodes22 rebuilt (1984), everyone here swears it is a new sailboat,
   was safety.  When I looked at sailboats I did narrow it to a few:
   Rhodes22, Mac26, and Catalina22.  The Mac26 did have lots of interior
   room but reminded me too much of a camper.  It is when I saw the
   Rhodes22 at the Annapolis Sailboat show that I knew this was the
   sailboat for me.  We have been very happy with our Rhodes22.  The
   longer I sail it the more I learn about what it can do.

   Long range goals (a couple of years from now) include sailing around
   the DelMarVa peninsula.  I'll need more experience sailing but the
   trip should take about two weeks.

   Will "Sea Cricket"