[Rhodes22-list] Sailing on Lake Hartwell

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Sat Jun 18 03:17:33 EDT 2005

Ed, you really know how to hurt a guy.  Here's some whether stats from MN:
the last time we had four days in a row without rain was April 4, 5, 6, 7.
We've had rain 30 days of the last 45.
We're finally hitting the 80's this week for the first time since, well...I
don't remember.  We launched Fandango a couple weeks ago and she's waiting
at the dock but still no sailing whether.

I can't even take my little fishing boat out on the Mississippi because all
the rain has swelled the rivers to the point where they've closed the locks
and dams to recreational boats, and there's too much debris floating down
the river as well as dangerous shoals and sandbars--it's not very safe.  We
usually see this in March, not June.

But we're finally getting some nice whether this week and I'm crossing my
fingers for a sail on Sunday.

But the bad news about good whether is that it keeps people OUT of the
nightclubs.  Tonight was dreadfully slow at the club.  I'm screwed either
way!  8-(

Slim