[Rhodes22-list] stereo & compass recommendations

Bob Weber ruba1811 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 15 10:31:08 EST 2005

David, I bought the West marine 3 inch box speakers with mounting bracket.
I have two under the forward end of the cockpit benches (the wires can go
directly into the cabin from there) and two mounted above the aft edge of
the v-berth.  My days of blowing speakers are over and these have held up to
the weather for 3 seasons and counting.  The easy mounting was really the
selling feature.  I keep my stereo behind the sliding glass above the galley
all the way aft.  Cant help you much on compasses.  I didn't want to cut the
hole in the bulkhead to mount a compass so I installed one on a washboard
and can remove it when not in use.  The problem is that puts it about 4
inches from the switch panel on my boat - I doubt it could be trusted in low
visability around reefs.  Bob