[Rhodes22-list] mooring

dckelly1 at optonline.net dckelly1 at optonline.net
Tue Mar 15 20:20:03 EST 2005

Bill,

That night testing your mooring sounds like no fun at all, but once you were in it, you had to ride it out, of course.  This will be our first year with our Rhodes and we will be Long Island Sound sailors also.  Seymour's in Northport requires a minimum 150 pound mooring for a 20 - 24 foot boat.  I see that you are using 300 pounds.  It seems to me that displacement is more pertinent than length with regard to mooring size.  Should I go up to a 300?

David