[Rhodes22-list] 90% jib

Robert Dilk robertdilk at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 18 14:04:15 EST 2005

   I have a cleak 4" behind the furler. A rope loop through the eye on
   the end of the wire luff attaches to the cleat. My halyard has a
   pulley that attaches to the head and gives a 2 to 1 purchase. I 'sweat
   the line' against a cleat on the mast. Works for me.

   Bob

   S/V Knot Necessary
   >From: "Peter Thorn" <pthorn at nc.rr.com>
   >To: "The Rhodes 22 mail list" <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
   >Subject: [Rhodes22-list] 90% jib
   >Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 13:18:57 -0500
   >
   >Bob,
   >
   >Very interesting.  Do you tack your 90 jib to a padeye about 4"
   behind the
   >furler?  If so, how well does that work?  Raven has a padeye there
   for the
   >UPS that looks like it is strong enough to lift the boat with.  Do
   you have
   >any problems getting the wire luff tension tight enough?  How do you
   tension
   >the halyard?
   >
   >Thanks.
   >
   >PT

   My
   > >    conditions are typical 10 kts or less OR 20+ and gusty.Under 10
   kts
   > >    the 175 is great. As the white caps begin to show I put a Reef
   in the
   > >    main, next I would Reef the 175 to about 140. More wind and I
   Furl the
   > >    genoa and fly the 90. the added benefit is the 90 sheets inside
   the
   > >    shrouds.
   > >
   > >    This is all single handed. More crew usually means I fly more
   sail (
   > >    more work, more FUN)
   > >
   > >    My 2 cents.
   > >

   > >    Bob
   > >
   > >    S/V Knot Necessary
   > >
   > >    Morristown, TN
   > >    >From: "George Carpenter" <geocarp3 at mchsi.com>
   > >    >To: "Rhodes 22 list" <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
   > >    >Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Genoa size
   > >    >Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:38:41 -0600
   > >    >
   > >    >Following a tour of the Chicago Sailboat Show I decided to
   move "up"
   > >    from my 2001 Precision 23 to a recycled 1991 Rhodes 22, which
   Stan is
   > >    in the process of putting the finishing touched on as we speak.
   Since