[Rhodes22-list] Reply #2 to Bill's Camera

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Wed May 18 12:20:09 EDT 2005

Ed,

The lens is made by Leica and is the equivalent of f2.8 throughout its
range.  The 3 shots I attached are the equivalent of 35mm 420mm and 1260mm.

I have UV, Polarizing and Neutral Density lenses for this camera.  This
camera comes with a sun shade, and the lenses attach to the end of the
sun shade tube.  Each digital camera is different in this respect, with
the more expensive cameras having more of the "standard" features and
attachments.

The cameras were originally designed by computer geeks, and the geeks
knew more about computers than cameras.  The big camera companies are
just starting to get serious about the field, as they start to
understand what the cameras can do.

Putting a lousy lens in front of a 10 megapixil sensor only gets you a
very detailed blurry picture.  Photoshop pictures lose nuance when you
sharpen all the blurriness out.

Panasonic and Leica are outsiders, trying to crash into the field before
it runs away from them.  Bad for them, good for us.  They are selling a
great product very cheap.  They didn't know to put a hot shoe on mine,
but figured that out for the next model.

Bill Effros