[Rhodes22-list] Bob - Thank You - Memorial Day Tribute

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Mon May 30 21:18:39 EDT 2005

Bob,

Thank you for the tribute to our boys/girls on the
ground.  I had a long talk with my youngest son on
Friday.  Despite the bold text on the list, it gets
really tough making sense of everything when you're
talking to your own flesh and blood.  My son is on the
cusp of enlisting despite my lectures of how much more
valuable he would be as an officer than a grunt.
Maybe we should be all be grateful for the enthusiasm
of 19 year olds and their love of this country.  I
didn't call my Dad today but probably should have.  He
spent his time in France and Germany, endured his
oldest son's two tours in Vietnam, and probably
doesn't want to think about his grandson going to
Iraq.  I won't tell Alex what the right thing for him
to do is, it is his choice.

Thanks again for the moving tribute.

Brad Haslett, Spencer Haslett, Alex Haslett, Cora Shen
Haslett & Fan Shen