[Rhodes22-list] Slim's point on Sails

michael meltzer michaelmeltzer at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 6 16:49:49 EST 2005

it not only the "threading", the threads that make up
the fabric break, like in every time the sail flogs
and get pushed to the limits in high winds. is weaken
the fabric, a blowout is not so much the sticking but
the fabric goes. the rule of thumb is 3 years on
racing sails and 7 years on cursing sails, Stan spec
the sails with heavy fabric and most of the boats is
seasonal use so 15 years is possible but it very old
age. -mjm