[Rhodes22-list] For Chris, Baha sailor

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Sun Nov 6 20:06:12 EST 2005

Chris,
	On one of the pictures, I noticed that you have bare wire stays and
turnbuckles.  I use a combination of plastic and silicone pieces to allow
the Genoa to easily roll over the stays.  Based on the Gospel according to
Stan, we should either tape or otherwise protect the sails from abrasion.
He has stated that improves the sail life.  I devised the plastic pieces
that freely roll to not only protect from abrasion but also to move with the
sail.  See attachment.  Unfortunately the picture reduces in size during
transmission and you have to use your viewer with a magnifier to see the
details.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  Good teachers are never paid what they are worth.  Ask them to
teach what they have learned with the next generation.  This is called the
"Pay it Forward" concept of Owen Perkins.