[Rhodes22-list] Vietnam era music

Robert Quinn rjquinn at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 14 11:57:19 EST 2005

Our barracks did not have aircon but the pilots quarters did.  They flew
some miserable flights, and in some cases, several sorties a day.  For the
risk they were taking everyone felt they deserved the comfort.  When I first
arrived in April of '66 we lived in old French barracks but were moved to a
US built compound in December of that year (while I was on R&R in Hawaii).
We preferred the French style but hey, they didn't give us a choice!  {:>)

My brothers quarters were a tent with wooden pallets for the floor.  The
bunk bed mattress were long discarded because of mold and mildew.  The
replacement mattress were air mattress which of course did not last long on
the wire bunks so they ended up sleeping on a deflated air mattress over
wire.  But again, I was impressed with their spirit.  I was with his Brigade
for three days and I don't think I heard one complaint.  Oh, and their food
at the base camp was very good.

Bob on the "NoKaOi"