[Rhodes22-list] Cable Tie Stay Fasteners

Fred Kaiser fredkaiser at verizon.net
Tue Nov 22 11:03:08 EST 2005

Bill, we tried your cable tie idea last year on some of Fretless's
turnbuckles.  The hole in some of the other turnbuckles is to small to
allow the littlest tie to go through the hole.  I have thought of
increasing the hole size very slightly so that the tie would fit but
haven't tried it yet.  The ties that we were able to insert worked very
well none broke and there was no movement by the turnbuckle. And as you say
the ties are not in any way supporting the stays. They sure are easier to
remove and insert than the cotter rings.  I do suggest that you use the
black ties as they have better UV protection than the white ones.  Sun
light may be the reason some of yours did break as UV light tends to make
the white ones brittle.

Fred Kaiser
1991 R22 Fretless
Swan Creek, MD / Ft Washington PA