[Rhodes22-list] Re: Rhodes22-list Digest, Vol 774, Issue 2

Mary Lou Troy mltroy at verizon.net
Tue Nov 22 23:23:02 EST 2005

Lou,
No personal knowledge except what I read. There was a Cape Dory 25 and a
Cape Dory 25D - different boats. The 25 is older and according to the
owners website (http://www.capedory.org/specs/cd25.htm) was designed by
George Stadel as the Greenwich 24 for Allied boats. With 18ft at the
waterline and a 4000 lb displacement I'd expect it to be stiffer than the
R22, slower and not so easily trailerable. Don't know about headroom but
probably not as much as the Rhodes with the pop-top up. The 25D was
designed by Carl Alberg, was 19 ft at the waterline, heavier - 5,100 lb
displacement and carried more sail. With all that weight and a 3.5 ft.
draft it would be less easily trailered than the CD25
(http://www.capedory.org/specs/cd25d.htm) and I expect still slower than
the R22 in light air but you'd stay out in higher winds.

Both of the CDs are very pretty boats.

Best,
Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless