[Rhodes22-list] advice needed

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 28 22:04:52 EST 2005

Cheryl,

    I bought my boat in much the same circumstances, bought it
sight unseen in connecticut and trailered it to Chicago. The sellers
were reasonable and I could have walked away if I felt they
misrepresented the boat.  I was most worried about the trailer, and I
had a yard located about two blocks from the seller check it and
repack the bearings.  It turned out that the boat was fine, but the
trailer was badly rusted and the yard did not properly recap the
hubs.  It was a real marginal, nail biting trip.  The brakes were
shot, pieces started falling off the trailer, and the only thing holding
on the bunks was the boat itself, which I discovered after the boat
was launched.

caveat emptor

ron