[Rhodes22-list] Internet service. FYI

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Tue Oct 4 18:10:02 EDT 2005

As many of you may recall, about a year ago we installed the DirecWay
satellite internet service. At the time it was the only high speed (sorta)  service
available to those of us that live on the lake.
The service was good when it worked, but was often slow and it had many
technical issues. We recently found out that Charter high speed service was
available and we made the change. It has had it's problems in getting started,  but
the speed is much better than the dish setup. We invested more than $600.00
in installation and equipment for the Direcway, but it just didn't cut the
mustard so it is now gone. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate Direcway as being
 a 5. I still have the DirecTV service because it is much better than the
cable  company's.

Rummy