[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 vs. Precision 23

kuzzal at comcast.net kuzzal at comcast.net
Wed Oct 26 22:14:27 EDT 2005

Hope somebody can help

I am in the process of buying a Rhodes 22 and I am doing my homework. I have read various articles & reviews and seen the boat at a boat show.

Does anybody have experience of comparing the Rhodes vs. the Precision 23 in terms of performance, quality and value?
The PHRF rating for the Rhodes 22 given by Practical Sailor was 258 and from what I have seen the Precision 23 is about 230. ( I am not sure if the Rhodes value is with the IMF main sail).

Any advice/views in having barrier & antifouling paint? does this slow performance significantly?

Advice & comments would be welcome

Nick