P-Re: [Rhodes22-list] Reply to Mr. Rummy on Sept 20, 2005.

Hank hnw555 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 14:00:10 EDT 2005

MJM,
 I think your ratio of ground to flight hours is way high. I spent 10 years
in Army aviation and the Apache was the worst we had at 12-1. Hueys and
blackhawks were more in the 6-1 category. And it is not evenly spaced. A lot
of the hours are counted when the aircraft go into overhaul, which is every
100-500 hours, depending on type. During flight ops, especially emergency
ops, ratio can be as low as 1-1 or even lower.
 Hank