[Rhodes22-list] Shorties

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Fri Apr 14 15:32:47 EDT 2006

For certain applications, it's a good idea.

A friend I can best describe as an "old salt" with a stiff and speedy
British Jaguar 21 decided he was too old to single-hand his boat on the
Pamilco River near little Washington, NC.   So..  he unstepped the mast and
motors around with his Mecury 8.  That boat without the rig is very, very
stable.

I wouldn't call it sailing, but it's much better than staying off the water.

PT