[Rhodes22-list] Wash., DC marinas

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Sat Apr 29 20:27:01 EDT 2006

Re letting civilians use the Belvoir marina, I don't know.  In the WDC  area
civilian and retired military are commonly synonymous.  I imagine  Belvoir
base services might have difficulty denying service to a  civilian working on
base and accepting retired military - as I understand  it, they are paid to
support base ops staff, not retired military - but I could  be wrong.  One problem
you might have is basic slip availability.   Maybe 6 or 9 months ago I
inquired at the Wash Sailing Marina regarding a slip  and was told the waiting list
to get a slip was 3 years.  Belle Haven  just said forgeddaboutit.  Belvoir may
have a similar slip availability  problem, I recommend you check if you
haven't already.

If you were going to dry store @ the marina it might not be a problem, but  I
have no idea regarding their launch/recover facilities.

I have been told there is an abundance of snake head fish in the  Belvoir
area, that should add to your boating enjoyment there.

Regarding Belvoir being deep enough for an R22: Again, I think there is an
R22 owner already there.  His and his boats existence at Belvoir  suggest to me
that it'll work.

Dvae