[Rhodes22-list] Winter storage

cjlowe cjlowe at bright.net
Mon Aug 14 23:18:48 EDT 2006

I've taken Mary Lou's advice and built a beam out of two x fours to support the tarp,and take the mast and sails down to the basement and tie them up to the bottom of the floor joices (sp). I think it helps preserve the sails. I can Inspect the rigging and do other improvements over the winter by lowering the mast onto saw horses.Last year I made a anchor light ,deck light ,and steaming light and ran all new wire up the mast. The year before I replaced the jib stay andadded a VHF antenna and wiring. This winter I plan to send the jib off to sail care and replace the main furling tube bearings,with the new upgrades Stan came up with.

Jerry Lowe