[Rhodes22-list] Is it OK

Will L will at nabble.com
Wed Aug 23 00:39:21 EDT 2006

Hi,

I noticed this email and thought that I may be able to offer some help. I am
a member of the Nabble project.

Regarding the historical archive from over  a year ago, the mailing list
owner can simply send all past emails to lists at nabble.com - this is the
address we use to receive posts from mailing list for archiving. By sending
past emails to this address, the old messages will all be archived. If you
need more help on how to do this with mailman, please let me know and I will
have more instructions.

Regarding the cataloging of the threads, right now the person who started a
thread can move the thread to another forum, but we are discussing if we
should also allow, for example, a forum owner to move other people threads
around to catalog them properly, see
http://www.nabble.com/Forum-administrators-tf2065549.html#a5690958

If you would also like this feature, then that will add an important vote,
and we may be able to implement this feature quickly.

It seems that you want to copy the content of a thread to repost it. The
draw back of this approach is that every member on the list will receive an
extra email for this. This could become a problem for the many members of
this list. If you just move the threads around, there will not be this side
effect.

So, please let us know what would best help this cause. If this becomes
off-topic, please go the Nabble Support forum and we can discuss it there.

Thanks for using Nabble!

Will L
Nabble.com