[Rhodes22-list] On A Completely Different Note

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 6 05:21:42 EST 2006

We're bidding on a job to remove two spools of razor
wire, 28 miles long, that was laid on the ground by
the National Guard to keep looters out after Katrina
(the Guard has gifted the wire and won't uninstall
it).  I've searched the internet exhaustively and
haven't come up with squat on what equipment or
techniques are available.  Perhaps some of you
ex-military types or engineering gurus have seen this
done or have some ideas.  It needs to be spooled in 25
foot sections and pallatized for future use.  We THINK
we know how to 'giterdone' using our backhoe and
skid-steer with some modifications and some Rube
Goldberg engineering - basically, pushing it together
like a slinky toy and tying it together.  Any ideas?

Brad