[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Mark

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Tue Jan 10 14:53:01 EST 2006

Mark,
	I am the one with the Nicro fan vent. I would not attempt to speak
for them.  After using methods recommended by Rummy and Bill E for anchors,
I found that the Nicro would work.  As for the methods I am referring to,
you know me by now.  I have already given you the location of all the
knowledge on this list.  Now, Bill E has an alternative library and he may
be willing to do your research for you.  However, this discussion was about
mildew and enough ventilation with single hatches.  My post was a lateral
comment on improving ventilation and air circulation.
	In regards to the anchor line being odoriferous, it depends on how
and where it is used.  I never had a problem with the line smelling, as I
rinsed it off as I raised it.  However, I was offered a used Nicro and put
in and it worked, immensely increasing air circulation.  I got the idea of
the vent from some who had put it in the cabin.  Again, I am not going to
research who did that.
	What you really need to do is come down to Lake Hartwell.  Rummy
could teach you how to get the maximum out of your boat.  You could inspect
my boat.  It is older and has that used look.  You could see how to attach
and fly a spinnaker.  You see my use of Wally's single line traveler
modification.  If it is sunny, you could listen to the Nicro purr.  Again,
come on down.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  "It's scary to have a 30 foot wave chasing you.  If you're
steering, you don't look back.  The crew looks back for you, and you watch
their faces.  When they look straight up, get ready." Magnus Olsson