[Rhodes22-list] Anchoring

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 12 21:56:50 EST 2006

There is a table of wind loads at the fortress site:
http://www.fortressanchors.com/safe_anchoring.html
It looks like 1600-1700 pounds at 60 mph for a 22ft
boat.  The page also shows the relative holding power
as a function of angle of the shaft with respect to the
bottom.  Parallel to the bottom is 100%, it falls to 10%
with a 2:1 scope (looks like about 30 degrees).  This is a faster
loss than I had thought.  The difference between 5:1 and
10:1 is about 30% in holding power.

I never would have known this stuff if Bill hadn't incited
the mob.

Ron