[Rhodes22-list] Transom mount transducers

Richard Smith sailnut at att.net
Mon Jan 23 16:47:40 EST 2006

For costal navigation you only need a good bulkhead compass.  You will be
appalled at what they cost.

What else?  Don't forget Eldritch!!  You also need charts.  I always liked
the spiral bound 3rd party region packages derived from NOAA originals..

Cruising guides are nice but they get out of date.

After that a basic tiller pilot.

I had a GPS on my Rhodes which I greatly enjoyed messing with.  Very useful
for obtaining range and bearings to non visible destinations when the
current is offsetting you!  But not a necessity.

Richard Smith

Want a fascinating and occasionally useful toy?  Buy a plastic sextant and
learn celestial navigation.  Mine recently was used to determine the
feasibility of a Direct-TV installation.